The Naarden Declaration
Having respect for the diversity and freedom of the various Theosophical streams, we will endeavor to act as a Beacon of Light for bringing Theosophy in accordance with* the teachings of H. P. Blavatsky and her Masters to the world. In an undogmatic manner and through harmonious cooperation we will strengthen the Theosophical Movement for the benefit of humanity.
In the spirit of unity and brotherhood, we endeavour to make Theosophy a living power in the world.
We commit ourselves through learning, training and cross pollination to popularize and keep the teachings alive for future generations.
*in accordance with: in harmony with – in conformity with – consistent with
The Philadelphia Declaration
We commit ourselves to facilitate the creation of working conferences harnessing the unique genius of the various theosophical streams, by:
- identifying suffering/hot topics that need a solution from theosophical perspective
- studying and contemplating the theosophical teachings and selecting the relevant principles
- translating these into modern language/ putting these into context
- developing pure and simple applications (products)
- inspire, encourage or facilitate theosophical branches or organizations to enter the arena*, to offer these solutions
“we have it in our power to begin the world over again”
– Th. Paine