End date nominations: May 31, 2019, 00:00 CET
The candidates will be announced before June 27.
End date voting by paper ballot at the International Theosophy Conference: prior to the Annual Membership Meeting, July 28, 2019.
End date voting by email ballot: July 27, 2019, 00:00 CET
Are you a member, but you have not received an email ballot by June 27? Please contact us
The terms for board members are staggered, which means that each year approximately 1/3 of the positions are vacant or up for re-election. Members of the Board of Directors are elected by the members of ITC at the Annual Membership Meeting.
Requirements for Board members
Board members have to comply with the following requirements:
- to agree with and support all four purposes of ITC
- to be a member for minimum 3 years
- to have attended two out of the three last ITC conferences
- to have a good internet connection in order to be able to participate in Skype and/or GoToMeeting board meetings
- to be able to attend all monthly board meetings plus the annual retreat
- to attend the ITC annual conferences
- to be willing to do additional tasks beyond attending the board meetings
- to support and proactively promote ITC’s purposes in your own organization
- to have experience serving in your respective theosophical organizations
- to have experience serving in any capacity for ITC
Furthermore, experience with serving on other boards, with management, teamwork and working toward consensus building is preferred, but not mandatory.
Members are encouraged to nominate themselves or another member for a board position. The deadline for nominations is at least 60 days prior to the Annual Membership Meeting.
You can nominate yourself or others using our contact form.
Process following nomination
Following receipt of a nomination for a director position the Nominating Committee will verify eligibility of the nominee. Once confirmation of their intention to run in the election and willingness to serve is established, the nominee is then considered “official” and is asked to provide a biography and motivation based on a short questionnaire as a suggested guideline.
Once official, the nominee is listed on the ITC website with the biography and motivation and 2-3 ITC-members’ references to support the candidacy as a nominee for the next elections.
The membership will have the opportunity to learn about the nominees by viewing the biographies and motivations that will be published on the website at least one month prior to the election.
Voting & election process
Voting for Directors takes place at the Annual Membership Meeting held after the International Theosophy Conference.
Members can also vote by e-mail ballot, provided by our secretary, one month before the Annual Membership Meeting.